Try Recert for free, plus earn CAPCE-approved CE!
Ambulance Safety (BLS/ALS Edition)
This interactive lecture explores the prevalence of ambulance crashes in EMS. It examines the available data on ambulance crashes and identifies the types of situations that commonly cause them. Through awareness of these risks and by demonstrating practical techniques to mitigate them, EMS practitioners can reduce the likelihood of a crash from occurring.
Practitioners who successfully complete the Ambulance Safety (BLS/ALS Edition) course are eligible for 0.5 hours of continuing education through CAPCE. This continuing education course satisfies the NREMT’s NCCR 2016 Topic Ambulance Safety for EMTs, AEMTs, and Paramedics.
Field Triage: Disasters and MCIs, Enhanced Version (BLS/ALS Edition)
This interactive lecture provides an overview of how patients are assessed and treated in cases of disasters or mass-casualty incidents (MCIs). It explores the history and development of triage systems and explores the different methodologies used to assign priorities for the treatment and transport of patients in a disaster or MCI. It also discusses the three important triage systems: SALT, START, and JumpSTART, and describes how they are used to manage the scene of an MCI.
Practitioners who successfully complete the Field Triage: Disasters and MCIs, Enhanced Version (BLS/ALS Edition) course are eligible for 1 hour of continuing education through CAPCE. This continuing education course satisfies the NREMT’s NCCR 2016 Topic Field Triage: Disasters and MCIs for AEMTs and Paramedics.
Request Access Code
Online EMS Continuing Education used to be stale and boring.
Recert delivers an engaging learning experience with 200+ engaging, EMS and Fire CE courses!
Recert offers EMS practioners more than 200 high quality ALS & BLS courses. Each course is:
- Accredited: All Recert courses are nationally accredited by CAPCE, the Commission on Accreditation for Prehospital Continuing Education (formerly CECBEMS). Almost every state accepts CAPCE credits.
- Applicable: Every Recert course fulfills a National Registry of EMTs NCCP requirement and/or meets a documented need in the profession.
- Interactive: Every Recert course is interactive, from game-based learning and patient simulations, to live patient videos and critical-thinking scenarios.
- Relevant: The evidence-based content in Recert aligns with recognized medical standards, guidelines, and protocols.
- Transformative: Recert offers true continuing education that can be applied in the field. It expands on the initial education curriculum and challenges learners to advance their training.
*Limit one course per person.